STEPS OF INSANITY
- We admitted we were powerless
over nothing that we could manage our lives
perfectly and those of anyone who would allow us.
- Came to believe that there
was no power greater than ourselves and the rest of the
world was insane.
- Made a decision to have our
loved ones turn their wills and their lives over to our
care even though they couldnt understand us at all.
- Made a searching and fearless
moral inventory of everyone we knew.
- Admitted to the whole world
the exact nature of everyone elses wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to
make others give us the respect we thought we deserved.
- Demanded others do our will
because we were always enlightened.
- Made a list of all persons
who had harmed us and became willing to go to any lengths
to get even with them all.
- Got direct revenge on such
people wherever possible except when to do so would cost
us our lives or at the very least a jail sentence.
- Continued to take inventory
of others and when they were wrong promptly told them
- Sought through complaining
and medication to improve our relations with others as we
could not understand them at all, asking only that they
do things our way.
- Having had a complete
physical, emotional and spiritual breakdown as a result
of these steps, we tried to blame it on others and to get
sympathy and pity in all our affairs.